You Are Reading

Legends of Unity.








I went to the opening of an exhibit of portraits of African footballers by Kehinde Wiley last night. It's a collaboration between Puma and Wiley and as well as artwork you can see the range of Puma clothing, footwear and accessories inspired by the work.

It is vibrant, graphic work which I was looking forward to seeing up close - the only disappointment was that the originals were not on exhibit - apparently stuck in customs. I'm a big fan of West African textile prints so I found the bold wallpaper type backgrounds really beautiful.

Images by me & various other sources. Unfortunately so many people and press it was hard to get a decent shot. The exhibition runs from 24 June to 3 July.

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.