You Are Reading

New ingredient.

Image from The Feedbag.

Have you heard of black garlic? I hadn't. Perhaps I've been neglecting my reading of foodie blogs because this was certainly new to me. Basically, it's specially aged white garlic. It's described as soft and sweet with no pungent aftertaste and double the anti-oxidants of the original version. Sounds interesting. Anyone seen this locally? I read about it in the June edition of Living,etc.

Comments for this entry

Kelly Fletcher

New to me, too. Sounds interesting though...

Denise Kiggan

I hadn't heard of it, but with the health and odour advantages - it's worth looking into!

georgia b.

huh! never heard of it. i've seen black garlic in my house before—but it was a rotten clove. :)

interesting!

Wendren

Oooh. If you ever find out where to get this, please let me know. Sounds as though it could taste nice.

I have heard of blue potatoes and such but never black garlic. Wouldnt it be fun to have an odd vegie garden with all these wierd and wonderful things.

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.