You Are Reading

An ode to the éclair


Ok, I'm not about to write poetry, but I had to show you what Fauchon is up to. They have an weekend in September devoted to éclairs. 34 different types to be exact. I think they look like mini artworks - in fact one of the varieties even sports an image of the Mona Lisa.



I visited Fauchon in Paris a few years ago and was impressed by this luxury food store. Wonderful attention to detail and beautiful packaging. I left with a couple of packages of brightly coloured pasta (hardly a wise idea considering we were travelling) a silicone heart shaped mould, an array of mustard for DH and a few of their beautifully packaged chocolates as gifts for friends. They had a great store front display of this pyramid of snails at the time.


They even have earl grey ice cream. Sounds like an interesting taste experience to me.

I also came across Paris breakfasts. This blogger has loads of photographs of Fauchon creations and has used various delectable items as inspiration for her watercolours. Very sweet. 

Paris appelle ! La ville de l'amour attend !

Comments for this entry

Bronwyn

Wow! I've never seen anything like those eclairs....mmmm...and the seashell choccies....I can feel my waistline expanding just looking at them:)

Jesse

I've tagged you, and given you an award! Have a look on my blog for the rules; pass on either or both of the awards, and consider yourself tagged if you want to be.

star anise

oooh... Fauchon is so devine. Love eclairs, especially the ones in Paris. ;)
CIVILIZED SPICE

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.