You Are Reading

Atelier Kanawa




I used to visit the blog 'something old something new' quite often while we were planning our wedding. I found it such a lovely inspirational source for all things 'wedding' nevermind a visual feast during downtime at work. I recently popped over for another look - and I'm so glad I did. I don't think that the beauties above should be/are strictly wedding attire. Find them on etsy by Atelier Kanawa.

"These beautiful little blooms are the product of an ancient Japanese tradition known as Tsumami Kanzashi (the art of pinching luxurious silks into flower-shaped hair ornaments). Atelier Kanawa makes both traditional & modern Tsumami Kanzashi and was professionally trained by one of the only 15 acknowledged Tsumami Kanzashi artisans in Japan." Via Kenzie Kate.

Comments for this entry

Denise Kiggan

Wow these are beautiful!!! Another amazing Japanese art!

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.